With COVID currently occupying our lives, it seems like a lot of people around the world have once again realised how important their health is.
Do not worry, this is not a newsletter about COVID.
I would like to show you how the people in the 5 Blue Zones of the world live (Blue Zones are areas in the world where people have the longest lives with many of them living beyond 100 years):
- They move naturally – Moving throughout the day with little time sitting around. They garden, clean the house, and walk often. Although we are living and working in different worlds, we might want to move around more often (studies suggest you should get up every 20mins and stretch).
- Purpose – They know why they get up each morning.
- Stress relief – They all have techniques of stress relief. Some pray some have happy hours, some meditate.
- 80% rule – These people stop eating when they feel 80% full. They also eat the smallest meal in the evening.
- Eating beans – They eat a lot of beans and plants. Vegetables, fruits, and whole grains are an essential part of their everyday diets.
- Wine @ 5 – This might resonate with you. They do, however, do it in moderation.
- Sense of belonging – They have tight-knit communities that share a common faith.
- Loved ones first – they have secure and close family connections.
- Strong networks – They have a close and strong social network of friends and family.
Working from home
Under level 3, a lot of people were able to return to their offices, but there are also a lot of the bigger companies keeping their offices closed with the fear of spreading COVID.
If you are working from home, here are particularly good articles:
Tracey Simmonds owner and founder of the Pole Studio and certified Pilates instructor gives some easy to do 5 min exercises on how to relieve a stiff neck and hips. Watch the video here.