The last few weeks have been marred by panic, anxiety, and fear of the unknown. I think everyone is now very well versed in Covid-19, and I will not try and teach you anything new on the subject.
Rather than talking about the virus, I will give you some handy things you can do while the lockdown is in place.
Some things coming from the top high-performance coaches and athletes:
- Stay in a routine as far as possible (if you have a good routine) – Get up the same time in the morning, have quiet time, shower and get dressed as if you are going to work. The reasoning behind this is if you get out of habit, you will have a hard time getting going again once the lockdown is over.
- Keep active – There are hundreds of home workout options, but I have tried a few of them, and they work well (and they are free):
- Home workout
- 7-minute workout
- Daily workouts
- Do something you have always put off:
- Clean your garage
- Paint that room (if you have paint)
- Clean out your closet of old clothes and donate when the lockdown is over
- Learn a new language on Babbel, or Duolingo
- Read a book – Amazon has a lot of free books during this time